The Final Countdown To...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Columbus: Lies my Teacher Told Me

Columbian Exchange - The positives and negatives of the Age of Exploration

To help students in the 2011-2012 APUSH class make sense of Chapter 2 in Lies my Teacher Told Me (1493-The True Important of Christopher Columbus), answer any or all of the following questions.  Do not hesitate to ask your own questions, or even to question or comment on something one of your classmates may post.  The only things to remember are to avoid text-like phrasing, and to remain polite.

As you read through 1493 in Lies...

*One question I had about what I read was....
*What were you thinking about as you were reading?
*What question(s) can you ask about what you read?
*While I read, I was curious about...

*What words or ideas need clarifying for you?
*What does the author want me to remember or learn from this passage?
*What is the most important information in this passage?
*What kind of “teacher” question can I ask about the main idea?
*In my own words, this is about ...