|Columbian Exchange - The positives and negatives of the Age of Exploration|
To help students in the 2013-14 APUSH class make sense of Chapter 2 in Lies My Teacher Told Me (1493-The True Important of Christopher Columbus), answer any of the following questions. Do not hesitate to ask your own questions, or even to question or comment on something one of your classmates may post. The only things to remember are to avoid text-like phrasing, and to remain polite.
A. Read the chapter from Lies My Teacher Told Me.
B. Following the commenting guidelines, answer ANY of the following questions (choose 3 or 4, please do NOT answer all of them), and respond to them in the comments section of this post.
As you read through 1493 in Lies...
- One question I had about what I read was....
- What were you thinking about as you were reading? Can you reconcile this version of Columbus with the others you've read or learned?
- What question(s) can you ask about what you read?
- While I read, I was curious about...
- What words or ideas need clarifying for you?
- What does the author want me to remember or learn from this passage?
- What is the most important information in this passage?
- What kind of “teacher” question can I ask about the main idea?
- In my own words, this is about ...
C. Return in a few days and read through the responses of others. Again, following the commenting guidelines, provide feedback, criticism, or ask questions. Also, if somebody responds to your comment, feel free to comment back, of course, being polite. It will help promote positive dialogue in class later this year.
Both B & C must be completed to earn full credit for the assignment.